Our client is one world leading manufacturer of plastics.
Work Location: Rayong, Thailand
Artemis is now seeking for an R&D Manager with at least 6 years of working experience.
- Run efficiently the research and development activities of the company in ASIA.
- Accountable for the supervision of technical analysis and research & development activities, product innovation, searching for new raw materials for competitive advantage, and supporting global development projects.
- Supervise technical analysis and research & development activities
- Staying abreast of new developments in materials, equipment, and industry practices to assume the maintenance of a superior competitive position
- Coordinate with relevant parties to receive the input from the customer and convert it to customer need
- Establish product specification of new product and follow product quality and process condition of production scale. Follow up end-use application and enforce product to be commercial
- Searching new raw materials for product innovation, product improvement, cost reduction, or logistic advantage
- Conduct process trials for new product development, product improvement, and cost reduction.
- Innovate new products and translate them to commercial scale effectively and promptly
- To stimulate and recommend product improvements or developments and coordinate these activities between our laboratories and technical service or customer.
- Explore the technical requirements of potential new markets or products that can bring or keep the company in the leadership.
- To supervise, staff, train, and develop development personnel including hiring.
- Establish technical tools to enhance technical knowledge and marketing development
- Establish a new test method and database of analytical equipment
- Support global development project
- Support Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Prepare and coordinate sample requests for customer trial
- Implement and maintain ISO 9001 and company Quality management system
- Manage efficiently the individual and company objective
- Perform other duties deemed necessary by the Technical Director – APAC to help ensure the technical suc-cess of the company
- Thai nationality
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree (4 years in University) or Master’s degree of Science / Engineering in major of Organic Chemistry /Analytical Chemist / Polymer Science / Chemical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in the plastic industry and have R&D experience
- Strong technical knowledge of polymer, additive, white and black pigment, polymer processing, and plastic end-use application.
- Experience in laboratory equipment for both analytical and plastic processing.
- Good attitude, a self-starter and can work under pressure.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Good analytical skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Good initiative and high creativity.
- Good interpersonal skills and negotiation skills.
- Good supervision skill
- Be able to manage customer requirements and convert to product realization.
- Good leadership and coordination skills with the internal and external parties.
- Stage gate or innovation process management experience is a plus.
- Have business sense on costing, basic supply chain management, and financial impact on the development.
Send your updated CV in word file and expected salary.
All applications are confidential
Do you know someone who fits this profile? Send this offer to a friend or colleague today!