Manager Global Transport
Our clients operate within the agriculture industry.
Work Location: Bangbuathong
Artemis is now seeking for a Manager Global Transport with at least 10 years of working experience.
- The Manager Global Transport leads the strategic and operational direction for transport (international and
- Drives performance management of Country Logistics teams.
- Leads Project LOCS and responsible for transport savings. Oversees any strategic projects and leads network optimisation studies.
- Directly manages Logistics Hubs.
- Provides strategic and operational direction to Country Logistics teams to support improvements in service, quality and cost of transport.
Transport Performance Management
- Drives the performance of global transport (international and domestic) across service, quality and cost metrics
- Creates, implements and tracks clear KPIs
- Provides support for Countries to improve performance
- Leads the development of standard processes and standardisation / optimization of parameters (e.g. INCO terms)
- Directs the Logistics teams on future strategies, systems and structures to support transport operations in each Country and globally
- Provides functional leadership for the coaching and career development of transport professionals across the Group
- Leads Project LOCS (Logistics Optimisation for Cost and Service)
- Co-ordinates the activities between Countries across all LOCS streams to ensure creation / prioritisation of projects, on time implementation and delivery of the agreed savings
- Provides functional expertise on where and how to identify opportunities
- Ensures a clear structure and governance of the project and delivery of the project deliverables and savings commitments
- Responsible for global transport network (international shipments) and any studies to optimise regional or global networks
- Supports Countries in optimisation of domestic transport networks and studies on future expansion and warehousing / transport strategies
- Leads projects on future transport strategies and responses to PACE geographical expansion initiatives
Management of Logistics Hubs
- Directly manages the Netherlands Logistics Hub team. Responsible for performance management, team coaching and development, maintaining a functioning team to ensure continued operations
- Ensures performance of 3rd party hubs (e.g. S Africa Onion Hub)
- Leads the process to study, align and implement any future Logistics Hubs
- At least 6 years of working experience in Transport or Logistics roles. Experience in agriculture, pharma or food a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of Transport best practices (domestic and international shipments) across all modes
- Higher education or qualifications in Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field
- Expert in process improvement methods and detailed financial analysis
- Comfortable with big data and expert analyst
- Business insight: strong understanding of the wider business, industry and market dynamics. Is able to apply this knowledge into strategy development and spot potential opportunities/risks
- Hands-on: can get into details and do things themselves, not just issue instructions from a desk
- Strategic mindset: can build a robust plan supported by a clear, logical strategic framework; able to anticipate and visualize future scenarios
- Strong sense of accountability: thinks and acts like an owner
- Drive for results: passionate to deliver results and is not easily daunted by challenges, strong execution capability
- Balances stakeholders: able to consider different views of stakeholders and makes balanced, well-thought-out decisions
- Effectively communicates: able to package and deliver messages in a clear and convincing manner and able to influence the right action from an audience
- Agility: is comfortable to shift style or ways of working depending on the business situation; can thrive in an organization where structure/process is still being developed
- Driven by the need to achieve meaningful results and be part of a purpose-driven organization
- Safety mindset, Leads from the front
- Fluent in English
Send your updated CV in word file and expected salary.
All applications are confidential
Do you know someone who fits this profile? Send this offer to a friend or colleague today!