Senior Legal Counsel
Our client is a leading company
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Artemis is now seeking for a Senior Legal Counsel with at least 15 years of working experience
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide state-of-the-art legal advice on the full spectrum of contractual legal matters to the Business Unit Consumer Goods and Healthcare, incl. in relation to the Digital business.
- Collaborate with various functions to develop strategic negotiation approaches taking into account legal, commercial and operational aspects. Proactively communicate and manage expectations with multiple stakeholders.
- Coordinate local legal teams to align on regional contracts negotiation.
- Engage with regional and global management of client companies regarding legal and contract matters.
- Regularly review and update best practices and execution of process improvements in relation to contract management (including handling of the internal Contract Manual and related escalation procedures, alignment with and anticipation of changing laws and regulations as well as soft law).
- Train the organization on contracting best practices and new and/or revisions to template agreements.
- Perform special assignments or projects as needed.
- Set direction and cascade team/function goals to ensure goals are well defined and clearly communicated
- Drive and manage learning and development of team in the area of Corporate/Contract/Commercial law and company behavior to achieve team/function goals
- Drive self-learning and improvement in the area of Corporate/Contract/Commercial law and company behavior as part of continuous learning
- Law degree with strong academic credentials from university of recognized standing.
- Ph.D. in law, LL.M. or MBA from university of recognized standing is an additional asset.
- Bar admission is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience practicing law in a top-tier law firm with business law orientation or in the in-house legal department of an internal healthcare company is preferred.
- Experience with a client or in a service industry are preferred
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of contract and commercial law.
- Demonstrate fluency in English (both written and spoken). Proficiency in any other European or Asian language is an additional asset.
- Demonstrate ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
- Demonstrate proficiencies in office productivity tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Personal integrity, sound judgment and strong ethics in business and personal conduct.
- Hands on, efficient and proven ability to “Get a lot of Stuff Done” with a bias for action and strong sense of ownership. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage a variety of assignments, and oversee areas of responsibility and prioritize activities in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Demonstrated accountability and keen ability to meet aggressive timeframes.
- Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the “big picture” as well as the relationships between complex legal and business issues.
- Understand and be able to translate into “plain English” the legal ramifications of varied legal issues and clearly and succinctly articulate the risks.
- Demonstrate confidence to bring a business partner solutions mindset and a relationship building capability to work with senior internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrate agility and strategic mindset to frame and lead the legal approach to business issues and foster alignment with country legal teams.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (including presentations).
Send your updated CV in word file and expected salary.
All applications are confidential
Do you know someone who fits this profile? Send this offer to a friend or colleague today!